Monday, December 29, 2014

Capture life 365–week 47

If you’re wondering why I’m posting pics of Uganda when you’ve seen us in NZ the last few weeks – I do know where I am and what week it is (well, actually I don’t have any idea what day it is let alone what week, I just know I’m behind and determined to catch up!). So onto life in previous weeks…! 

week 47 4Paying close attention in the Early Learning Centre despite it looking like one boy was falling asleep! (Caught in an unfortunate mid blink!)fishingweek 47 10Princess – our new office assistant, making herself at home!week 47 17So I found out 2 weeks before we were due to leave for NZ that because we weren’t flying direct to NZ my passport would be 2 weeks short of being valid and I needed a new one. I was told if I got my application in by the end of the day it should arrive anywhere between 2 days before or up to the day we were due to fly. No pressure. Well, apparently taking passport photos is quite a skill and because it had to be a digital format and not a scanned copy we had to do it ourselves. EIGHT HOURS and SEVENTY FOUR attempts later (not including all the deleted pics) we had a winner that immigration said passed!passport 1Take photo, download onto computer, upload onto immigration passport photo checker. Get told what’s wrong with your photo, try again.passport 2Try a different location to avoid ‘shadow behind head’, download, upload and get told to try again. Start to feel dejected after 5 hours and ring friends to see how on earth you get rid of shadow behind head that you can’t even see and other things wrong with your face. passport 3Get told by photographer (a.k.a eldest daughter) who you love dearly, except for maybe that 5th hour “Can you try and look a bit happy?” Followed by “just try not to do your unimpressed look.” There may or may not have been a little tear come to my eye. But it did make me laugh. And cry. All at the same time.week 47 21So we decided to lighten things up a bit because it didn’t look like we were going to have any success anyway. We put this shot in and they didn’t.even.comment.about.my.eyes. I just had too much ‘shadow behind my head’. I wanted to write them a very lovely letter. Anyway, three hours and some serious photoshop later we had a winner – just before the end of the day. We found a friend who had an actual address that a courier would hopefully be able to find as opposed to ‘turn by the big billboard between the small butcher and the cobbler, follow the dirt road to the chicken feed shop and turn right’.  Application submitted on time. Our church friends prayed with us 2 days later for speedy processing and delivery so I wouldn’t have to stress up to the last day not knowing if I could fly with the family. The next day I get an email saying it was ready (processed 8 working days early!), and in my hands just 2 days after that. I wanted to send Kate from the UK NZ passport office chocolates since I couldn’t kiss her on the cheek. But settled for enjoying them for her once I got to NZ. Happy ending.

week 47 22Love seeing how far this mum has come – now helping us care for children in the childcare and doing an amazing job!week 47 24Charlotte and Shabella both in their element!week 47 25week 47 26Lily and Burrito – just hanging out.

week 47 27Knowing my enjoyment of herbal teas, Lily took it upon herself to make me a fresh one. Nastursum petals, rosemary and lemongrass –all from the garden. Not too bad.  Even if I had to keep picking the lemongrass out of my teeth. Sweet girl!

week 47 28Third failed attempt at colouring Joe’s hair blue. Although this time the skin did stay blue longer than the first two attempts!

week 47 29We had a bit of rain at church which decided to join us in the van as we left. Great amusement for everyone except the person whose seat was under the downpour!

week 47 30After three years of faithfully tending his coffee tree, Jed finally has flowers! Which means beans are coming! Hopefully when we get back he’ll be able to do his first roast!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...