Friday, September 05, 2014

Capture life 365–week 34

week 34 1Looking for ways to earn money to save for a milking goat, every weekend Charlotte does all the dishes. Without complaining. She’s my hero. And she says she’ll make me feta cheese when she gets her goat, making her my double hero!

week 34 5Not a drop of water in the house for five days. Makes me realise just how much we rely on water for so much. Thankful for the rusty old rainwater tank, that despite the tadpoles and funny coloured water at least we could use it for cleaning.

week 34 7Doing schoolwork at night so you can go into the city with dad the next day isn’t so easy when the electricity’s against you!

week 34 9“Don’t worry Joe – I’m a nurse”, she says with a wicked grin and her eversharp knife – “how hard can it be to cut a cast off?”week 34 12”See – I’m not even cutting you – think of all the money we’re saving!”week 34 14”Ok, you can move in with the pliers now Dr Drew…”week 34 17aI’m so sorry you can’t smell through the screen – it really was something to behold. And we found the lost chip.week 34 21Again, thankful for the water tank so Joe could soak his stinky arm in some stinky water!

week 34 23Why was I not surprised to find Drew outside making clay balls for his slingshot when he should’ve been doing schoolwork?

week 34 25Enlisting the free labour help of the kids friends to paint Imuka’s childcare rooms. We did feed them, so I’m sure that made it all worthwhile…week 34 27…and they got to ‘decorate’ each other before I told them we only had that skanky water tank for clean up!week 34 35week 34 28Clean up time… no-one got sick so that was a relief!week 34 36Thanks guys! You’re awesome!week 34 33 whatever you do

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...