Sunday, August 24, 2014

Capture life 365–week 30

week 30 1The all too familiar sight of the x-ray room – the only one available on weekends, this time to find Josiah has two broken wrists thanks to the groundshock after landing the biggest jump at the mx track (despite it breaking both his wrists he was still rather proud of the jump!). Got it (badly) manipulated back into place with ineffective local anaesthetic causing the poor boy to pass out.week 30 2aweek 30 4aYes, I know it looks like I’ve got a unibrow – but I really don’t. This pic wasn’t going to be included but the kids insisted – they think my unibrow is awesome!week 30 5aOff to the orthopedic hospital the next day to get a clearer x-ray and one of his wrists reset properly in theatre. All fun & games while pretending to be a one armed doctor, but quite the challenge when it comes to other activities that require the use of a hand – plenty of smoothies with a straw!

week 30 8Both too ashamed to admit to making the cat wear a jacket and necktie for two days straight!

week 30 12Hunting for mama chameleon’s babies. Eleven! Quite cute as far as little critters go!  week 30 35week 30 19week 30 16Jed finally has a tree hut. He wanted to take a sleeping bag and sleep in it – on that one plank of wood. Due to the previously broken bones this week and the likelihood of more because who has ever successfully slept on a plank of wood high up in a tree? The answer was no.

treehouse Meanwhile, I saw this tree house here and wanted to move in straight away.Pete said he’d build it for me. One day. I said I’ll let him.

week 30 23Sometimes it’s best not to be in a hurry. I’m just glad they didn’t have to unload the whole charcoal truck.

week 30 24One of Drew’s latest bows – now living in Alaska! The bow, not Drew!week 30 34All made by hand – from the bone tips to the steel arrowheads to the feather fletching. I love his ability to look at a hunk of metal and see a sharp arrow, or a bone and picture it on a bow, then create something beautiful out of things others would just throw away. Reminds me of how God sees and works in us!week 30 33eph 2 10

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...