Friday, August 08, 2014

Capture life 365–week 28

week 28 11Enjoying a day out at the zoo for Lily’s friends birthday! There were some new safety features added since we last went. I’m pretty sure the first aid station wasn’t there last time.week 28 5Yeah… just blowing bubbles with the rhino’s, no big deal!week 28 9 Spying on his friends through a peep hole in the wall – these guys really make me laugh, I could sit and watch them for hours! week 28 8Though I think she thought my prolonged viewing was getting a bit creepy - totally staring me down. Ok, you win. I’ll move on.week 28 12The camels walk free… week 28 13…as do the vervet monkeys and their almost hairless little babies, but don’t tease them with empty food packages or try to get them to follow your leaf on a stick - they will make teenage boys scream like little girls will not take to it or you kindly. Don’t ask me how I know, just take my word for it.

week 28 14Drew’s g-nut (or peanut) harvest time! Just think next time you eat a peanut that to get it from the plant to your mouth, they all have to be individually picked off the roots, then laid out to dry for a few days, then have their shells removed, then for those that don’t like the skins, have their skins removed. Then they can be roasted, made into peanut butter or just eaten plain. Quite the process – unless you have machines. We don’t have machines. We have Drew. week 28 15week 28 16week 28 18 quote

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...